Do you need to re-vitalise your office workspace? Are your business circumstances changing? If so, there are many components of the workplace environment that can be improved and provide you with valuable benefits. The possibilities of a new and well-designed modern office can uplift staff, improve productivity, and create an environment where your business can succeed. I would like to use this short piece to give you some exciting ideas which you might be able to utilise during your office refit project.
How To Find a Great Project Partner
The planning stage is crucial so let us look at some initial steps to enable you to find an excellent office refurbishment specialist with which to partner, following these tips should put you on the right track –
- Use an internet search – start by typing ‘office fit out Cirencester’ or something similar will give you a list of local refit companies.
- Research their websites and products, making notes as you go.
- Look at consumer websites – cross referencing any prospective suppliers on sites such as Trustpilot or Feefo to see how well they are rated by previous customers.
- Making contact – first contact will normally give you a feeling of any company’s professionalism – discard any if you don’t get a good feeling.
- Initial meetings – always conduct meetings at your office with at least three or four prospective partners.
Where Can You Improve?
Having found a partner for your project we can now look at the areas of the office which can be improved and re-energized. Some key areas of focus are –
- Décor – the correct colour scheme can improve any office, if you don’t have a fixed idea of what you want take advice from your refit specialist. Increase the amount of green plants in the workspace as it can improve staff wellness and in turn productivity.
- Office Lighting – You have to provide the correct amount of lighting by law, if the premises is short on natural light new technology in the form of LED lighting can simulate this.
- Floorspace – Changing the floorplan? Office partitioning systems may be an option to investigate – glass can spread healthy natural light throughout.
- Furniture – new ergonomically designed office equipment are available for all budgets from seating to full workstations, bright colours can also help with the overall colour scheme.
- Staff Areas – kitchens and break out areas can be revitalised to give staff a vital place to relax on their downtime.
Other areas you can also improve include flooring with carpet and vinyl tiles options and suspended ceilings are also a possibility to consider if you need improved acoustic performance in the office.
Have A Successful Project
Any office refit specialist you engage to install your vision should be able to offer you a full design process in which they may use computer aided design programmes to give you a vision of what the finished product will look like. If you are not sure about some area of the office environment you wish to improve, take their advice, and use their experience – it will be of benefit to you in the long term.
An office refit is an important opportunity to improve your business, I hope I have given you some great tips to make your project a success and take your company to the next level.